- You may freely clone or recolor any of my objects, provided it is not itself a clone or recolor of someone else's work (it will be marked as such if this is the case), and provided you credit me in the object description either by name (Mhari @ Shiny Things) or by URL.
- You may clone my cloned/recolored objects if and only if the original creator's policy allows you to do so, and provided you credit both me and the original creator (e.g. "base by Mhari, original by Betty Newbie").
- You may recolor any of my skins for your personal use only.
- You may not offer any of my objects, walls, floors, roofs, skins or other content as-is for download on your own site.
- Exception: If you use my objects, walls, floors, or roofs in creating your own lots for download, you may include those items in the same archive as the lot, in lieu of a shopping list.
- You may share my objects, walls, floors, roofs, skins or other content with your friends via email, in accordance with these guidelines.
How do I put these things into my game?
All the files are in .zip format. You will need a program to extract them; many people use WinZip, some versions of Windows come with the function built in. Then you need to put the extracted files into the proper folders so that your Sims game can read them.
- Put skins (.bmp, .skn, .cmx) in The Sims/GameData/Skins.
- Put objects (.iff) in The Sims/Downloads/ShinyThings or The Sims/GameData/UserObjects.*
- Put wallpapers (.wll) in The Sims/GameData/Walls.
- Put floors (.flr) in The Sims/GameData/Floors.
* (either should work, the first makes it easier to remember where they come from)
I'm confuuuuused! Isn't there an easier way?
Okay. Go download SimFileMaid. It will do most of the work for you. I just use WinZip because I'm a control freak and I like to know exactly where I'm putting stuff.
Hey, how come this object disappeared in my game?
Probably it's originally from an expansion pack you don't have. All my objects are made with The Sims Deluxe and Hot Date installed. If it says (LL) under it on the download page, it needs Deluxe or Livin' Large. If it says (HD), it needs Hot Date. If it says (TS) it should be fine in anybody's game, but I can't promise.
Will you make $REQUEST?
If I feel like it, and if I have the skills, and if I have the time. I can't hack or mesh at more than a kindergarten level, and I can't do animations. Other stuff, well, I'm open to suggestions.
Are you going to make stuff for The Sims 2?
Because my computer can't take it, I can't afford a new one, and frankly I'm just not that into S2.
How about The Sims 3?
Same answer; my desktop doesn't even meet the minimum specs for S3. I wish it did, as I've test-driven the game and it looks like the best of everything that S2 half-assed, but no such luck. I might make some patterns, if I can get my sister to playtest them for me.
When are you going to update?
When I feel like it.
Can I link to you?
Er, yes. It's a free Internet. I'd prefer it if you linked to my short URL, http://www.simerables.co.nr/, because that's unlikely to change. (simerables.tk will also work for the moment, but it involves ugly-ass ads and stuff.)
Will you link to me?
If I feel like it. I'm more likely to feel like it if you have good stuff, and you're at least partially a TS1 site, and your layout doesn't make my eyes bleed. I'm an elitist bitch that way.
My game is messed up! How do I fix it?
Your site's ugly. And your downloads are ugly. And you're ugly.
I have another question....
Reread this page carefully, and if you're sure the answer is not here, hit up my formspring.